Sep

In My Mailbox (13)

Posted by: Faith   in Rye Thoughts

Books! Mailbox! My poor postman! …honestly, sometimes I wonder if he hates delivering to our house because of all the heavy book envelopes… oh well, he’s got a good job going, so hopefully the benefits make up for it in the end. Heh…

Anyway, here’s what came in my mailbox this week, along with a couple impulse purchases from last Sunday afternoon.

FYI: In my mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren to showcase books you’ve received for review, bought, borrowed, or swapped. Anyone can participate, and it’s a great way to showcase new books and encourage blogger/commenter interaction!

ARC of

The False Friend

by Myla Goldberg

ARC of

Running the Books

by Avi Steinberg

Purchased

The Glass Castle: A Memoir

by Jeanette Walls

Under the Dome

by Stephen King

What came in your mailbox this week? :)

This entry was posted on Sunday, September 26th, 2010 at 3:17 am and is filed under Rye Thoughts. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

9 comments so far

that Stephen King’s book has the most amazing bookcover. My publishing house has rights on his work in Serbia, so I’m guessing we will be publishing this one as well soon.

September 26th, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Really cool books you have there…here is my IMM: http://basma-aal.blogspot.com/2010/09/in-my-mailbox-5.html

September 27th, 2010 at 12:58 am

Under the Dome is a heavy book. I was surprised when I lifted it in the bookstore. You’re right – your poor letter carrier!

I received Freedom by Jonathan Franzen for my husband, How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack and Radiance are for me.

September 27th, 2010 at 1:11 am

Hi! I just found your blog through IMM, and I just had to stop and leave a comment telling you how wonderful your blog is. I love your content and this post is amazing! You’re definitely in for some good reads this week.
Oh, and I’m a follower for sure!
Feel free to come by my blog if you want to see what I got this week.
Best wishes,
??????Tina @ Book Couture??????

September 27th, 2010 at 7:40 am
Faith

Dezmond – Wow, in Serbia! That’s an interesting little fact. I do love the cover as well, it’s very evocative — makes me want to know more about the story. Which I guess is the point. Haha.

Basma – Thanks! I’ll stop by and say hi to you :)

Theresa – How to Survive a Garden Gnome attack! Okay, that sounds like something I want to find and read! I finished Radiance last week (if we’re both talking about the Alyson Noel book?) and hope to post my review this week or next. I’ll be interested to hear your own thoughts once you finish!

Tina – Thanks Tina! I really appreciate you becoming a follower :) I’ll pop on over to your blog and say hello!

September 27th, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Wow! I love the cover of Running the Books! Very cool! I hope you enjoy all your new books :) I’m a new follower.

Here’s what I got this week :)

September 27th, 2010 at 6:07 pm

I live in the country, so my bookclub orders are delivered to my parents’s house. My dad jokes that he’s on a first name basis with the Fed-Ex delivery gal.

September 30th, 2010 at 1:14 am

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I gave you an award on my blog :-)

PS. Waiting for my copy of the first Parasol Protectorate book to be delivered!

September 30th, 2010 at 8:46 am
Faith

Tina – It’s such a unique cover, isn’t it? I hope the story is just as good…!

Cinette – I know what that’s like! At least with Fed-Ex they get a truck to carry everything in… my poor mail carrier has to have it all on his shoulders… o_O

Rachel – Thanks so much! I’ll pop over and say hi thanks there too :) …can’t wait to hear what you think about Carriger’s series!

September 30th, 2010 at 12:43 pm