Sep

Wanna Build a Platform?

Posted by: Faith   in Rye Thoughts

So, remember that crazy time last week when we all went around to each other’s blogs and commented and talked about characters? Yeah, that was pretty fantastic.

Would you like to do something similar again? Rach Writes… is hosting the:

Inaugural Writers’ Platform-Building Crusade

…which, aside from its lengthy name, is (as I understand it) an effort to build each other’s web presence through the creation of a large support network. It’s a ‘pay-it-forward’ idea: I follow you, you follow me, we comment and link around, la-dee-doo, we’re all getting more exposure and having fun doing it!

Now, I’m not entirely certain how this will work, but it sounds like Rach plans to run some Crusade Challenges and Blogfests, which are always fun and a great way to meet new people.

This post tells you how to join the crusade.

So… who’s up for making new friends? :)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 at 3:49 pm and is filed under Rye Thoughts. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

12 comments so far

*Waves from the Crusade*

It’s been amazing so far. I’ve had a number of people following me since I joined (and I’ve followed them back, of course). These are fantastic people! I added them all to Google Reader, and I’m enjoying reading and commenting on the posts, when I feel I have something to say.

September 30th, 2010 at 5:56 pm

Hey, Faith. Welcome to the Crusade!

September 30th, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Hey Faith, great to have you along. It’s so cool seeing everyone linking up already. First Crusader Challenge on Friday – can’t wait!!! :)

September 30th, 2010 at 8:11 pm

I might be up to it, but I’m going to have to check my test schedule…

September 30th, 2010 at 8:21 pm
Faith

Tessa – I’m carving out a time slot tomorrow to go around and visit others! It’s great to see new people linking up. Thanks again for posting about this, your blog is where I found out about it!

Lisa – *waves* Hi! Thanks! I think I forgot to follow you back last week, so I’ll go do that now :)

Rachael – Hi! Thanks for hosting this event… I can’t wait for the first challenge. I think this is going to be so great for networking and connecting with new people. I felt a little tapped out in the ‘ways to meet new people’ area lately, so this is just the thing!

September 30th, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Another fellow Crusader saying hi! I’ve just started following.

Looking forward to reading your series on self-editing. Was planning to post on this at some stage (basically just detailing my editing process for my own MS) so I’m interested in seeing what you’ve included.

October 1st, 2010 at 12:11 am
Faith

Hi Adina! Thanks for stopping in! Hope the series is helpful for you.

October 1st, 2010 at 12:20 pm

great idea, I’m just sad that most writers usually don’t like us film bloggers :( Although I’m also a part of the publishing industry :)

October 1st, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Fellow crusader here. Just popped in to say hi!

October 4th, 2010 at 2:55 am

P.S. Your RSS metas aren’t working.

October 4th, 2010 at 2:57 am
Faith

Dezmond – That’s too bad! Maybe many of your visitors don’t realize you’re part of the pub industry? I didn’t at first, but I found your posts well written and interesting… they just don’t know what they’re missing!

Christie – Hi, thanks for dropping in! I’ll go return the visit and try to figure out what an RSS meta is… because I have no idea… *blush*

October 4th, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Hi! I just signed up today and I wanted to stop by to say hello!

October 21st, 2010 at 5:07 pm